Social Security Agreement Switzerland Australia

Since 1 January 2008, Swiss national law requires that a person be insured for at least three years in the Swiss social security system in order to qualify for a disability pension. Our bilateral social security agreement with Switzerland applies in the case of double coverage – that is, if, in both countries, you or your employee had to pay super bonuses (or equivalent contributions) for the same work of your employee. It applies to Australian super-homening and Swiss social security law. The social security pensions covered by the agreement are as follows: National legislation currently provides that a person must be entitled to a pension in the Swiss social security system between the age of 16 and 65 (for men) and 64 years (for women). Swiss pensions are calculated on the basis of average annual income and contribution years. The agreement does not affect the treatment of diplomats and consular officials under the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic and Consular Relations. Permission to renew a coverage certificate is set on a case-by-case basis. We can only grant an extension with the mutual agreement of the relevant agency in Switzerland and in certain circumstances only. All applicants to the Australian Pensions Served Agreement must meet other qualifications (for example. B, age limits, income or wealth control) required for this pension under Australian social security legislation. The Australian government and the Federal Council, eager to regulate relations between their two countries in the area of social protection, have agreed to conclude the following agreement: the agreement does not apply to independent Australian residents working in Switzerland. They are not subject to super warranty law in Australia, so double super coverage does not occur.

Due to the dual super-coverage, the agreement enters into force and frees Pam and her employer from the contribution obligation under Swiss law. Pam`s employer will continue to pay super-guarantee premiums, as is requested in Australia. Some of the acceptable documents to prove your identity are: Australian law requires a person to have at least 10 years of Australian residence before they can apply for an old age or disability pension (this rule is changed if the person is disabled after his or her permanent stay in Australia). In addition, the person must be established in Australia on the day of the exercise of the right to the pension. . Contact the Australian Tax Office if you need more information on this aspect of the agreement. You should attach the support document if you request an online extension for a previously forwarded request. This generates a new certificate with coverage reference number. An extension may also be granted in other special circumstances. Before sending the employee, apply online for a cover certificate. Australian pensions are resource tests; In other words, an installation test is performed, then an income test is performed and, depending on production, the lowest rate is used for evaluation.

The Department of Human Services website contains information on the current limits of income and asset testing. The competent authorities of the two States Parties may, by mutual agreement, consent to a different application of Articles 7, 8 and 9 with respect to any person or group of persons. This agreement does not affect the provisions of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations of 18 April 1961 or the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations of 24 April 1963.